Tuesday, March 31, 2009

...continuing....

....One of the things I really enjoy is discussion with other people--the discussion can be about almost any topic--the only limitations might be that there should be some "sense", or "purpose" to the discussion. The "purpose", "sense", or "relevance", could serve to identify, and perhaps explain, some of the social issues of our times. And for me, that makes "sense"--to understand the issues, and the context in which these issues take place.

Now, given the idea that there should/could be a limitation, or constraint, called "purpose", "relevance", "sense", to discussions, I would propose that there can also be a great range of flexibility for topics, and perspectives on these topics.

So what starting point would one choose for a discussion?

Where can these issues or topics come from?

I say that all one needs do is look around you--take a careful look at what you see in your everyday life, read the paper, watch the news, watch TV, go to the internet, just look around--what do you see, what do you hear.

I just started looking into the "Twitter" phenomenon yesterday. Apparently one posts the minutia of daily life onto the internet or text messages. I admit that I'm not yet sure about what Twitter is. The short description that I read said something about posting about what one is doing "right now", and that it would provide these minute particles of daily life that everyone could look at and become ?inspired? by????

While I personally am a fan of the mundane, I'm not sure that I like this idea--yet, I'm not sure why. I feel like I'm doing the same thing, right now, without the benefit of an audience--at least not yet--so I don't know how it would be....

I think I might prefer to scan the news for items, and then talk about those things, for a while at least, and then work on other topics as my thoughts for this space evolve....

No comments:

Post a Comment