Today I bought Petunias to plant out front.
Purple Petunias. Purple Petunias, Pink Petunias, Red Petunias, any Petunias remind me of being a child at the Beach. We stayed at a place where Petunias were planted around the small cottage. In the heat of summer, the small of the Petunias wafted up whenever someone walked past them.
I always loved the Petunias because they were pretty--and didn't really think much about Petunias and summers at the Jersey Shore until I was an adult.
So, today I bought Purple Petunias to plant in pots outside the front door of my house. And maybe if I close my eyes as I pass by them in the summer breeze, I'll be taken back to some summer days when I was smaller, and at the Jersey Shore; days on the beach; days playing cards, days knitting, crocheting, and days spent near the boardwalk....
Lila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment