I've been wondering why I've emphasized the dates of this blog so often. Well, the only thing I can target is that my own personal time line is moving more quickly toward its latter period. (I dare not say that I'm moving toward the "end", lest someone think I'm trying to give off some strange kind of message about the "end". I'm not going any where any time soon, at least not in MY version for how my own time line is supposed to unfold....)
Tomorrow is my 60th birthday, a momentous occasion, and I suppose that I might receive some calls from family or friends. And that would be nice.
As individuals in a social world, we do not exis as singular entities--we co-exist in environments with other people, therefore, what I do, often has some kind of intersubjectively defined meaning for those other persons with whom I share space.
What then happens when the "other" persons don't want to behave in ways that the rest of us in that space seem to understand as having "meaning", or the same kinds of meaning?
Can a prson reasonably reject the "norms" of one's environment without becoming alienated from it--OR--can that person reject what others accept as the "norm" and remain a part of the social environment as a participating normal member?
Moving on....
Lila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment