Today has been a long day--even though it's been totally gray, all day, it's been a wonderful day full of the kind of beautiful things that happen only in spring time.
All over the area there are trees in bloom. All of the flowering trees, in whites, pinks, and just a few starting to show their leaves. The Forsythia are in bloom, and I suspect that it's going to be just a short time before the tulips start to flower.
There are daffodils in bloom everywhere, the hyacinth are coming out too. I expect that before very long, the trees will have their leaves.
Farther south, the azelea are already in bloom. I expect to see the azelea next week when we go to the ocean in North Carolina. I'm looking forward to it.
I've been reading quite a bit lately, some of it on my Kindle, and some in the "old fashioned" way, in books. I'm thrilled with the Kindle because it allows me the flexibility of owning some books without the burden of taking up square footage in my small office, or in the rest of the house.
I suppose that sometime soon I'll start doing some book critiques in this space--or perhaps a listing of the books that catch my attention. And the movies too--I love both books and movies, and have less time than I'd like for them. I also like to do some other things too, knitting for one thing, yet I'm not about to post a knitting blog! I love to see what others are knitting, I'm just not quite as speedy as those dedicated people may be, so why post things that go so slowly.
For the moment, I have several books going--and also several knitting projects. I need to work on all of them.
Today has been a good day, so now I'll come to a close.
Lila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment