Thursday. that means that we have only Friday and Saturday before going home again.
It's been a very nice few days to be away from it all, and "all" includes being away from the internet.
While I love being able to go all sorts of virtual places via my computer, I also enjoy the time that i haven't done anything with the computer. Also fine. No withdrawal, no hard times thinking about the computer and what I could be doing there.
I will admit to thinking that I have more time in my day to do things when I don't have the computer to distract me.
Today I went with my husband to find a spot where we both could work for a short while. He needs to do it for his job. I'm "here" because I wanted to be.
The beach is not the shore. Two different things. Two different mentalities that do not cross paths.
The beach is less active than the shore is. The shore is a place where the "young" often go, and do things that are sort of rites of passage; the beach is a bit more passive--you sit on the beach, you watch the surf, you read, you knit, you listen to the wind. At the shore you also watch the surf, you read, knit, and listen to the wind, but you also listen to the radio, the people, you seek to connect with others who are likely also looking for people to meet. it's a more active social environment than the beach....one relaxes in two different ways, either shore, or beach....
The weather here has been cold. Cold yet wonderfully sunny at times; not too cold to walk along the edge of the surf to find seashells, sharks' teeth, and other things cast up by the waves.
Lila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment