Well, we beat the birds, and we did get several gallons of cherries, although not quite as much as I'd hoped for. No matter, what we have is fine, and will make up into good things.
I estimate a little over five gallons--figure that the five gallon measure is one of those huge white plastic buckets that originally held laundry detergent, or paint, and that's my five gallon measure.
And remember--all those cherries have to pitted--a tedious process with a cherry pitter, one at a time! Sure I've thought about one that claims to do more, and quickly, yet, I can't bring myself to buy one, because I know that when I do it by hand we get nearly 100% of the pits out.
Today, I'm going to bake cherry cobbler--we're going to a cook-out at a friend's home, and we're bringing cherry cobbler. It's going to be great!
Lila
PS: I just thought about a book that I haven't thought about in years, and I can't remember the title. It claimed to be a version of a cookbook/diary that someone found in her attic, that was allegedly written by the wife of a sea captain who was away. Anyway, I always doubted the authenticity of the book as being from the time/place etc. that the woman under whose name the book was published, said it was. It just didn't "feel" right. I'll have to look for it, and see what I think now, after having had more experience with such writings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment