Saturday, July 18, 2009

Later on Saturday 18 July 09

So, I'm back again. During the last few days I've been thinking about some things, mostly about time, and the passing of time.

And the amount of time that's passed for me, and what's happened in that time. And how much time I have left....

Since I was a little kid, for some reason I always thought about how time is a one time thing--we only get to do things once--once in the time we have. And we only go around once--time lost is totally lost. If we spend our time in stupid ways, or if we really screw up, or do exceptionally well, we don't get to repeat those things. If we miss our opportunities to do things, it's gone. You can't go back and repeat it, or go back to get it, whatever "it" is.

I wonder if I've missed much, failed much, excelled much, or what--what have I done that might or might not have been meaningful.

Go back to the lightening bugs that we see at night--what would life be like if the lightening bugs weren't there, or, if in my life, I'd been oblivious to the lightening bugs--missed seeing them, or if I hadn't spent time running around trying to catch them. And does that time I spent trying to catch the lightening bugs make a difference in our total life, world, and the impact I personally have had on "everything"....

Perhaps these are small potatoes compared to the problems of the world, still, I think that how we regard life in the micro-sphere extends to how we treat events in our macro-world.

Silly musings...

Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment