Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Moon: 40 years later. 21 July 09

Even thought it's been forty years since the first man walked on the moon, it seems almost like yesterday that I saw it happen--on a black and white TV screen, late in the evening, while I was trying to stay awake...to see this important moment in the history of humanity.

I remember that the images were clear yet fuzzy, black and white--we didn't have a color TV, so I don't know if the original pictures were broadcasted in color because we didn't have a color TV.

It was miraculous! An image from the Moon! Human persons on the Moon!

I sat on the floor in our TV room--my father was there, and my boyfriend was visiting, I can't remember if my brother was there, he may have been, but I'm not sure.

I was sleepy--it was a long wait to see the Moonwalk!

And after it happened--I went to bed! I was so tired!

It was a wonder to see! We, the United States of America, had landed on the moon, and had seen a citizen of the United States, an astronaut, walk on the moon! What could be better!!!!

Now, fast forward to 2009--here we are--and it's been a while since anyone has been to the moon and back. Sure we have astronauts in space, yes, there's the Space Shuttle, and the Space Station--still what new ground have we conquered???

We have lots more to do! It's time to get back on track! The future is here, and we still dream of where the future will take us!

Star Trek is now!

Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment